Tanukitsune

A question for akk you musical game freaks! (That have played Donkey Konga)

Ok... I just got me the DK Bongoes and the Konga games and I haven't enjoyed myself so much in ages, but....

The last musical game I played was Parrappa 2 and I sucked SOOO bad at it!

Yet, I'm doing fairly well in Donkey Konga, I even got a "gold" medal or two...

So the question is:

Is Donkey Konga easier than other musical games or did I somehow get a sense of rhythm?:erm:

I thought Donkey Kong was a pretty easy musical game, but Guitar Hero does have difficulty modes so you should be able to get into that.

I thought Donkey Kong was a pretty easy musical game, but Guitar Hero does have difficulty modes so you should be able to get into that.

I might get that if the price ever goes down...:erm:

Just came from a three-bongo-set jam at a buddy's house. It never gets old if you have others to play with. Yeah, it is a bit easier than other rhythm games. Mostly, I suspect, because it was the first true rythm game for a Nintendo console, so they didn't want to scare anyone off. Still, Gorilla can get pretty challenging on some songs. If you want to get owned, just pick a whole lot of bananas on Gorilla. If you want some more pretty easy rhythm game stuff, DDR Mario Mix is about half as difficult as any standard DDR game, but still very fun. They seem to tone down the difficulty for the 'cube games.

Yes, definitely easy. I beat (no pun intended) the game in less than a week (cleared all songs). I've gotten golds on many of the Gorilla songs, but not all, mostly because I'm not crazy about a lot of the music so I stopped playing.

I wasn't great at Parappa either, there was always something weird about the timing to me (I beat P2 though). So don't judge just on that, try out some other music games.

If you have a PS2, you might also want to check out Taiko--you can get it for $10 at Target (in the US, dunno about there). I like it better because I like drumming more. It's not too hard either, but the hard songs are much harder than Konga.

Also, be SURE to get Jungle Beat now that you have the bongos!

True. Jungle Beat = Awesome. I got the bongos for that game originally, and considered Konga a bonus for the peripheral.

I actually got Donkey Konga 2 and Jungle Beat the day after I got the bongoes.... :mock:

And Jugle Beat does seems awesome indeed!

I knew Nintendo (or Namco to be precise) made it easier, they always make games eaiser so everyone can play them! :grin: