Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Gun

The Zombie vs. Ambulance (PS2 import) FAQ

Zombies roam the streets, and it's up to you, a young doctor, to kill them with your tricked out ambulance of death! Rescue survivors! Kill zombies! Upgrade your ambulance with bigger blades! Kill more zombies!

I don't know if anyone has this game (you can get it for $13 including shipping from Play-Asia), but I wrote a big FAQ on it (with screenshots) if you're interested:

Zombie vs. Ambulance FAQ

Damn that's awesome. How do I go about modding a PS2 now? This may make it worth it.

• Plays like Carmageddon :tup:
  • ...but without any other cars :tdown:
  • Boss fights! :tup:
  • ...they look cumbersome and dull (going by this clip alone) :tdown:
  • Neat graphical touches (i.e. the automatic signals on the ambulance at junctions) :tup:
  • Alarmingly short draw distance :tdown:
  • Seems to have distinct characters throughout :tup:
  • Their seemingly-random exclaimations ("Good work!") freezing gameplay will get annoying within seconds :tdown:

Still a bargain at that price though.

That is all.

Damn that's awesome. How do I go about modding a PS2 now? This may make it worth it.

Haha, the game isn't THAT good. It's fun for a couple hours, but then it's just work. Anyway, you can play imports on a PS2 really easily with a fliptop or slidecard. I use a slidecard, no modding at all, you just have to take the little cover off the tray (and you need swapmagic, etc.).

I should also mention that a PAL version is coming, apparently:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000FI9SKU/202-6737095-7611031?v=glance&n=300703&v=glance

I just added that link to the FAQ.

Wrestlevania: You're pretty much right on. Upgrading is fun though!

Well....Mojib Ribbon is fun! Very, very, basic. But fun!

And pretty, also.

Vib Ripple is okay, but it's no Mojib Ribbon.

Wrestlevania: You're pretty much right on. Upgrading is fun though!

Fair do's - that does look pretty cool.

I know this game is part of the Simple 2000 Series, but I still think The Zombie vs. Ambulance is perhaps a missed opportunity. That's all. The developers evidently have vivid imaginations, but all their undead ideas don't seem to have come together very well--despite the huge amounts of polish evident in that video.

Do you know if it has multiplayer? Racing against other ambulances would be a riot I think, especially if you could ram your opponent(s) for extra points.

I know this game is part of the Simple 2000 Series, but I still think The Zombie vs. Ambulance is perhaps a missed opportunity.

Yeah, it's very obvious it's a budget title. It could have been great if they'd put more into it.

Do you know if it has multiplayer?

I don't think so.