Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Another Adventure on the Horizon; Sherlock Holmes

http://www.sherlockholmesgame.com/

I loved the Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes (even though I can't remember it too well as I was just a wee one), but I was never fond of the Sherlock Holmes adventures that were released after it... bland, unexciting and not particularly innovative either.

Despite the awful, awful website which reminds me off my old house in London... I investigated.

Adventure fans will be delighted, maybe, to hear it's point and click. It has 3D rendered graphics and the original orchestral score by Nicolo Paganini and Felix Mendelssohn. Unfortunately, the graphics don't look particularly special.

Frogwares have released two adventure games previously, neither of which I have heard of, and have two (including Sherlock Holmes) under development at the moment.

Anyway, Adventure Fans might be glad to hear this... I'd rather Frogwares work on something more innovative and exciting, but hey...

(Does the Frogwares logo remind anybody else of the Bullfrog logo?)

(Does the Frogwares logo remind anybody else of the Bullfrog logo?)

Yes it does... Are they the same guys? Bullfrog (already 0wn3d by EA) closed it's doors a few years back. Man, these guys were great. I loved Magic carpet, Theme Park and Syndicate. But I'm getting off-topic here.

Please continue...

--Erwin

Yes it does... Are they the same guys? Bullfrog (already 0wn3d by EA) closed it's doors a few years back. Man, these guys were great. I loved Magic carpet, Theme Park and Syndicate. But I'm getting off-topic here.

Please continue...

--Erwin

Yeah, they made awesome games... Don't forget Dungeon Keeper. It's a classic :) As you may know, Peter Molyneux was the head of Bullfrog, so Lionhead (and its satellite studios) are probably the closest we get to Bullfrog these days... PS: Sorry for derailing this topic even more :P

It's too similar to be a coincede-- oh, this is gross. A moth just crapped on my monitor. Geee-ross.

Anyway. It's a looks a little too like the Bullfrog logo to me. Hmmm.

They seem pretty mediocre...

Although I will be keeping an eye out for Journey to the Centre of the Earth, or whatever that title is. Anybody played it?

Bullfrog was awesome. I was so sad to see them go. They seemed to get it right time after time. Now I'm panging to play Theme Park or Syndicate again. Only my Theme Park diskettes stopped working years ago :(

I was seriously addicted to Theme Park. I can still whistle most of it's tunes from the different rides.

--Erwin