Sign in to follow this  
DanMarshall

The Best Idea I ever Had.

Impressive. I'd play it. Though I still have to get around to trying The Movies.

Yeah, as Marek said, this has actually been done before in the form of SEGA Gaga for the Dreamcast. It was a sim in which you, the player, takes control of SEGA and must create successful games, as well as continue making old IP successful. Basically you act as the director of SEGA, responsible for bringing in the best talent, such as designers and artists, and making great games. Hehe.

However, that's not to invalidate your idea ;) Just pointing it out as it's a little known game (it was only released in Japan). Sure there is room for a game that focuses more on actual in-game mechanics and provides the ability to make basic, working prototypes to show of core gameplay.

This reminds me. Jake, Alex and I were once talking about an RPG we wanted to make based on the life on a game journalist. It had like, turn-based random interview encounters with game designers, each with unique rhetorical abilities. Jaffe would drop the f-bombs, Molyneux had the hype multiplier, etc.

It's too bad we didn't even make a design doc.

Yes, it is terrible, this idea.

Sorry, I like it, but had to get that quote in.