miffy495

Yoshi's Island 2

To answer one question: yes, that IS Donkey Kong Jr on Yoshi. Him, Baby Peach and Baby Mario will all have to ride Yoshi's back at some point, and you get different abilities for each baby. For example, Peach and her floaty-umbrella.

I didn't even know you could play Mario Kart DS with the touchscreen! Excellent! I'll be trying that out shortly!

I'm also really jazzed that Ninty are suddenly releasing 2D platformers again! Of course, we've also had Metroid Fusion, but Mario is where it's at! Platforming perfection! Two Mario platformers and a new Yoshi's Island... bliss!

:woohoo:

This E3 made me quietly weep. Sure, Yoshi's Island DS, Kirby DS, Chibi Robo 2, and so on are great. But, you know - I'm going to have to PAY for all of these.

Woe is me.

And even though Diddy Kong Racing is a port, I can't wait that. Loved it on the N64. I'll show that damn octopus who's boss. "NOW I CHALLENGE YOU TO A RACE" indeed. And a level editor, to boot. Pretty slick.

In summation:

DS games = Yay!

Paying for DS games = Boo.

Racing the Diddy Kong Racing bosses describes one of the most infuriating times in my entire history of playing games.

There's gonna be a level editor? Sweet crap indeed! I was on the fence about this one, but that's now something else I'll have to buy. Dammit.

Racing the Diddy Kong Racing bosses describes one of the most infuriating times in my entire history of playing games.

I can never decide if it was that GODDAMN PIG or the Greenwood Village Silver Coin Challenge that gave me the most trouble. Greenwood Village still gives me nightmares. I had to play through the entire game in co-op with a friend so that we could beat the sucker (you only had six racers in co-op, two of which were human players). :)

I got 100% on Adventure in Diddy Kong, then did the mirror mode (Adventure 2) and beat that whole thing. I never want to see that game ever again. This news has brought up a bunch of repressed memories.