Sign in to follow this  
Lechimp

Politicians to Do Parenting Instead of Parents Again

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/20/news_6127865.html

Well technically, nothing has been banned yet, but he is trying to get stores to not carry the game since the game has you running around cities shooting cops. I guess he forgot that you can also play as a cop as well and enforce the law. But since when has a politician ever known anything about the subject he/she was trying to legislate. I'm suprised that a politician is already trying to do something with this game though, usually they don't try to ban a game until it has sold millions of copies and has been out for two years. The game does look like crap though, so I'm not that annoyed by it, even though the government never knows what they're doing when it comes to anything video games.

As much as I hate to see this it does look like a bad game ; and its games like these that give gamers and gaming a bad name. There should be a limit to how bad games can be but I think people have the right to buy this.

But in general gaming is not being treated fairly , i mean , I read The Great Gatsby, didn't make me shoot people hate the rich and beat up my girlfriend ; so why would a game make me do it ? Sure the game is more visual and realistic but still , some people are just messed up and they were messed up before they played games. Games don't kill people, people kill people.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/22/news_6128015.html

I wish they would do some actual fucking research before having one sided debates about a topic. They seem to forget the fact that you can play as a cop in 25 to Life and that you don't just run around shooting cops. Oh well, all this controversy is only cause the game to sell more copies than they were going to, the game was probably going to bomb anyway if they didn't talk about it at all.