Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

Ground Control 2 demo out now!

Ground Control II: Operation Exodus takes place during the year 2741 AD, roughly 300 years after the events in the original game. The democratic and freedom caring Northern Star Alliance (NSA) is being hard pressed by the warmongering Terran Empire. The war has recently entered a new stage; a brutal and deadly ground war, as the Empire has managed to land their first troopships on the last NSA controlled planet Morningstar Prime. Captain Jacob Angelus, a battle-hardened officer in the NSA armed forces, finds himself becoming the central figure in the war against the Terran Empire. The situation is desperate and for the NSA destiny is at hand; its only hope lies in an ancient legend.

It's a singleplayer demo which should give you a taste of the game strategic side and kickass looks :)

3dgamers.com

I just finished the demo. I'm very 2 sided about this game. It's looks are awesome, the gameplay is great. But somehow it isn't ground control anymore. The pick your squads and fix that mission with that group of units isn't really there anymore. That was what made ground control unique. you get a bunch of units in the begin of a mission and that's all you'll get

now you can call in reenforcements whenever you feel like it.

But on the other hand it still has no base building and resource collecting hassle, just pure strategic fun. And for anyone who's not familiar with ground control it might give a fresh look at strategy games :)

Very smart of the Massive guys to let me use the Mobile artillery in the one mission I was allowed to play. It still kicks mayor butt, just like in ground control =)

I just finished it too, it is great.

Hopefully maybe in the full version you'll be able to customize your squads/units in the beginning, but that is a small factor to give up when this game plays the way it does.

I love how strategic the dropships are now, upgrades, and the ability to move them around and support units is awesome. I'm definitley getting this game.

I'm nicely surprised : the game works really good on my Ahtlon XP 1800+ with GeForce4 Ti 4200 :woohoo:

I remember the first Ground Control needed a very big machine when it was released...

but I agree with ysbreker : what made GC unique in the first episode was the fact not to have a lot of things to manage, such selectivs squads... which is now the case.

That original game spirit isn't there anymore....

Mixed opinions then?

I missed the first one but will definatley check this out when I get back from work.

And give you all another nice IMHO

I quite liked the GC2 demo. I haven't played GC1, but the game reminded me somewhat of Cannon Fodder. :)