Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Teaching my little sisters about the Birds and Bees

My Mom was driving me home from work this evening, and my three little sisters were seated in the back of the car, deep in a heated debate as to how one becomes pregnant. They all maintained that kissing alone could cause pregnancy, but arged over how the kiss would have to be delivered in order to concieve a child. For instance, the oldest, Mia (8) thought the kiss had to be recieved while lying down. Tatiana (6) thought that you had to kiss the other person on the face but it didn't matter if you got kissed on the hand, and Camille (5) was certain that any kind of kissing whatsoever would lead to babies springing up out of the ground.

I was listening to their cute little arguments, and wondered why they hadn't taken in to account what happens when they get a kiss from Mom, or from me, or from friends, and then it gave me a horrible, horrible idea. I turned around with a horrified expression on my face and said,

"GOOD GOD, WHAT ABOUT GRANDMA KISSING YOU GOOD NIGHT LAST WEEKEND!?!?"

There was a silence. Then all three burst into tears. They wouldn't stop screaming for twenty minutes. Man, it was hilarious. My Mom had to pull the car over and explain about sex to them, assuring them that they could not possibly be pregnant with Grandmother's baby. I feel absolutely awful. Ha ha ha.

LMFAO!!! That is PRICELESS!

Alas, I'm moving away in a week, and I'll miss my niece (11) and nephew (7). I loved teasing them about this:

"Hey, no kissing your stuffed toys! Do you want to get them pregnant?"

"Stop jumping up and down on me or you'll get me pregnant!"

"Next time you try to kiss me, use a condom!"

Yeah, Mia obviously remembered the phrase 'always use protection' from somewhere (I blame television), and she figured this meant Vaseline Lipcare. You can't get pregnant if you kiss somebody while wearing Vaseline Lipcare.

And she's right.

You can't get pregnant if you kiss somebody while wearing Vaseline Lipcare.

Chapstick. Dammit, I've always just wrapped the condom around my tongue. It all makes sense now.