Sign in to follow this  
netmonkey

YBOY to be exposed on May 12

Sure, I don't post news on the thumbs, but at least I can do it here:

I've been reading around and it looks like there's this stupid competition between Sony and Microsoft to see who's going to reveal their next-gen console first... and the reports are even based on exactly how many hours will sony announce their console before Microsoft (based on the press events and such). Well, it turns out that microsoft will show a special show (programme) on May 12th on MTV:

"MTV outlets in North America, Europe and Asia will air a 30-minute program titled "MTV Presents: The Next Generation Xbox Revealed" on May 12 and May 13, the software giant announced Monday." - CNET

I dunno if anyone has seen the supposed screenshots of XBOX-2-360-whatever, but it looks like the console will be of a light color instead of very very dark green.

BTW, When is E3 going on?

Would this be how Xbox 2 will look like?

Only if Microsoft's product designers are 15 year olds with a warez version of the 3D-app du jour.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the console will end up being "Dreamcast white" (no, it's not "iPod white"). Wouldn't be the first time Microsoft ripped a design element off of Apple.

You know that it has to be tray loading. that way you can mount it between your DVD player and your Tivo DVR and still have acess to it. I'm not sure how nintendo got away with GameCube...

It would be cool if it was like the Macs where you just push the disk in, but I bet that's expensive.