Intrepid Homoludens

603 f#&king megabytes?!!

924556_20050125_thumb001.jpg silent_thumb008.jpg

Downloading Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory demo now.

What's biggest sized demo you've downloaded so far? So far this Chaos Theory is for me, followed by Silent Hill 3 (over 500MB). Thank god for my T6 connection. :erm:

Half life 2 demo:

751.21 MB

And the fun thing is, is that once you've downloaded everything, steam first has to validate your demo for about 30 minutes!

Jaap

I wonder when it reaches the point wher nobody wants to download demos anymore. Hell, 603mb? Won't this tempt people to just skip the demo and download the full game instead?

For piracy to end, it has to be seperated from logic.

The biggest demo I downloaded was the Curse of Monkey Island demo that had the movie included. It was MASSIVE!

...comparitively massive, at the time. It was what, 12 meg? That was huuuuuge (especially as I had a 56k connection at the time). As you can probably tell, I don't really download many demos. I was thinking about downloading the Still Life demo, but I thought - well, I'm going to buy it anyway - why spoil the start of the game?

I remember back in the day when I would start downloading something right before going to bed and I'd leave the computer on for the night, only to wake up the next morning to see the download at 50%. :deranged: