Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Blah blah Christmas blah

So, on Christmas Eve Eve I went into the Bookshop before work, to seek out a copy of The Enchanted Forest by Enid Blyton for my little sisters. I have fond memories of this book, of sitting and reading about all the awesome and cool adventures these children had while most other kids my age watched TV.

When I was little, I used to giggle about the names of the two main characters... Dick and Fanny. Well, much to my horror, in the new versions of the book they've changed their names to RICK AND FRANNY. Huh?!?

What, so now, instead of kids saying, "Ha ha! Dick and Fanny! That's FUNNY!" they're gonna go, "Ha ha! Rick and Franny! That rhymes with Dick and FANNY!!! That's FUNNY!!!" Well, way to take the innocence out of EVERYTHING, you bastards. On a related subject, they removed the Gollywog from Noddy, but Big Ears and Noddy are no longer allowed to sleep together. Man, talk about one step forwards, two steps backwards.

In other news: Dave is still with his girlfriend. And apparently, if they widen the Panama Canal, it'll change the direction of the Gulf Stream and Ireland will adopt the climate of Alaska. Man, we complain it doesn't snow for Christmas? Next year, we could have fucking Polar Bears.

P.S. Stevan, we have to knock it off right now.

Sedaris Returns as Crumpet the Elf on NPR

icon_listen.gif NPR.org audio file (WinMP player friendly)

Morning Edition, December 24, 2004 · Twelve years ago, humorist David Sedaris recounted his experiences as Crumpet the Macy's department store elf on Morning Edition. We rebroadcast Sedaris' reading from his Santaland Diaries.

Yufster, you do know you're wasting your writer talents on this forum when instead you should be working on a journal style memoir to be published later on when you have enough material, don't you? :blink:

More related reading suggestions: Florence King, Fran Leibovitz, Woody Allen, Irma Bombeck.

You know, I don't think Captain Pugwash characters have the same names anymore...

Seaman Stains

Roger the cabin boy

Poor kids.

You're right, but there was a character called Master Mate and sounds very suspicious right here .