RLacey

Codemasters rereleases Treasure Island Dizzy

I downloaded it (even though I have every Dizzy Amstrad CPC ROM), worth it just to have a treasure island dizzy icon on my desktop :)

Hopefully if enough people download it they'll finally consider making another dizzy game, or at least porting the old ones to GBA or DS :)

BRING BACK THE EGG"!!

Dizzy was the first game I can ever recall playing... on the old Speccy the graphics looked AWESOME, but about two years ago I downloaded a Spectrum Emulator and a Dizzy ROM, and whoaaa! It's funny how your imagination can fill in all the gaps between the pixels and lack of colors and everything else...

Still, I think today, Dizzy would be a pretty boring and bland game. I mean, what else COULD there be besides an egg running around, being careful not to smash itself? And if they innovated on it too much, it would simply be brand-name hijacking, and not the old Dizzy I remember. Besides that, Dizzy doesn't mean anything to the young 'uns of today, so there'd be no point in pimping the name. So it would end up being a crap game about an egg called Dizzy, running around trying to save a girl egg called Daisy.

A remake of this could be fun... but the puzzles are ridiculous!!!

Example: How do you get to the second island? By dropping the Salt Water Spade on the wobbling rock of course!

Also, you shouldn't be able to drop the snorkel underwater... it's such a pain in the ass!

I'd love to see a "re-imagining" of Treasure Island Dizzy!