Sign in to follow this  
jp-30

PSP review on gamespot "To turn the PSP's power on, you'll slide a switch..."

So, this is what happens when you race to review the latest hardware before you have any software to go with it.

Gamespot: Sneak peek at the PSP

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Here are the highlights for your viewing pleasure.

...The official Japanese launch for Sony's PlayStation Portable is still a week away, but we got ahold of a retail unit... While we haven't gotten hold of any games yet, Sony's versatile portable unit does a lot more than just play games....

The first impression that we got from actually holding the PSP outside of the dimly lit showrooms where we've previously seen it was that the handheld is slick and well designed.

The most unique thing about the PSP's body design is that there are no separations between the plastic panel used on the LCD screen and the rest of the handheld's front surface.

Complementing the PSP's front surface are its buttons, which are actually transparent if you take a look at them from the side of the handheld.

...you won't have a problem inserting the PSP's battery, because it's keyed to prevent you from orienting it improperly.

To turn the PSP's power on, you'll slide a switch on the right side of the handheld. You can put the handheld into sleep mode at any time by sliding this switch again. To turn off the PSP's power completely, you'll need to hold the switch for about 10 seconds.

According to our calculations, the unit weighs in at 282 grams (around 10 ounces), with its battery and Memory Stick Duo.

The booting process for the PSP is similar to the PlayStation 2. You'll first be greeted by a Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. logo, and if you have a Universal Media Disc inserted, you'll see a PSP logo immediately thereafter, in addition to hearing a boot-up sound.

The PSP's carrying case is made of a soft polyester fabric. The case is slim, and its left side is open so you can easily take the PSP in and out, making it convenient for casual use

If you want to read more enthralling information, and even see a video clip of the PSP boot up sequence you'll be wanting to visit GameSpot quick haste.

:hah:

is it just me, or does GameSpot seem very pro-PSP? they seem to have alot more enthusiasm for the psp, and let the "little things" go by, while nit-picking at the DS ...

SiN

Is it just me, or does Gamespot not mean shit? This is the nth thread on how Gamespot is crappy, boring and biased. Please can we stop this crap?

Sorry to be so blunt, but we have better things to talk about. Like John Romero.

This is the nth thread on how Gamespot is crappy, boring and biased. Please can we stop this crap?

Sorry to be so blunt, but we have better things to talk about.

I'm extremely sorry Bc9b, I didn't realise you were a GameSpot employee.

I haven't got a problem with Gamespot people being openly excited that they got a PSP early, and sharing it with people. At least they didn't call it a review.

I'm extremely sorry Bc9b, I didn't realise you were a GameSpot employee.

No I agree that Gamespot sucks, that it takes too scientific approach on reviewing, that it’s boring most of the time, but it’s not like it’s evil or truly disgusting. I really don’t care.

Also note the part of my post that you didn't care to quote. Point of advice, if you don't want to look like an asshole be shure to not leave out an important part of a quote when making an assumption based on it.

http://forums.idlethumbs.net/showthread.php?p=18986