Tanukitsune

Going postal? I need help/advice...

I don't know if I mentioned before that I purchased a bunch of B-movies from the US...

Actually that was a LONG time ago, a VERY LONG time ago...

You see, the package still hasn't arrived, and it's been nearly 3 months...

The Spanish Post Office says they don't have it and they don't even deal with such packages, it seems the company sent the package with the cheapest service possible, and it doesn't even have an ID number, so I can't track it either...

The company said the package was sent by USPS and UPSP said the "might" have sent it by the Spanish Post Office, who claim they don't deal with big packages without tracking...

I've bought from this company before, so I know they're not scamming me, but they don't seem to be very helpfull...

I could go to costums but it's very far away, I'd lose the whole morning getting there and back, and since I don't know which customs company has it, it would be a waste of time...

My brother in law has suggested me to ask the bank to "nullify" the payment, to get the money back, but that seems a bit extreme...

A 4kg package can't dissapear into thin air just like that, it has to be somewhere...

Geez guys, Thanks for the help... :shifty:

As a guy who buys tons of stuff on Ebay and online stores, I was used to wait for packages but I began to lose hope....

They finally emailed me telling me that the package had been returned, which is normal, a package that is over 2kg goes directly to customs, and apparently it ended in the hands of a 2-bit customs company that never bothered to send a notice, or maybe they just returned it becuase the shipping fee was too low, but in the end I had no option but to buy a "little" extra for a DHL delivery, they said it was going to arrive on Friday which was perfect for me since I was expecting a package from Fed Ex and another one from the normal mail office...

Friday arrived and I got my Fed Ex package (Half-Life 2 GOLD! YAY!) and the normal mail, but no sign of DHL, I went to the tracking webpage only to find that they claimed I wasn't there when they arrived when I was there all day, and not alone either!

I was so mad I decided I was going to pick it up at the main office, but they told me that they sent it to office in the airport, too far away from me...

As a final "insult" I had to pay a big customs fee and I didn't even get to be there when it arrived, but I finally have in my hands!

After almost 5 months of waiting I feel like a weight has been lifted over my shoulders!

And I learned a valuable lesson: Small shipping fee + Big package= Big trouble!

Aw, man this stuff is pure gold! It's has grade A stuff, like Lon Chaney Sr. movies and B-movie goodness like "Santa Conquers the Martians"!

But why is Metropoli in the Horror pack and not the sci-fi one?

Also since so much time has passed, I had nearly forgotten that I ordered some games, and now I have two copies of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego 2001 edition"....

Geez guys, Thanks for the help... :shifty:

II would've picked it up for you, but my car was at the garage. And I guess your airport is a bit of a detour when I return from work. :shifty:

--Erwin