Tanukitsune

Nitro Family

Nitro family is a game from a small korean company called Delphieye, it uses Serious Sam's engine and it's very similar to it, specially since it has the same colorfull worlds, truckloads of enemies to fight at the same time and most importantly, a dash of humour!

Right about at the start of the game you'll be attacked by hordes of mutant chickens and kamikaze hogs, and if that won't make you smile, just wait till you meet Agent Solid, a guy who shoots you hidden in a box (sounds familiar?), a Bruce Lee clone, and an army of sailors with wooden pipe and a very distinguished chin. (They've definetely had their spinach!)

The plot is simple, a mega corparation, Golden Bell, has created a drug called Healthy Family, with which they have control over nearly all the planet...

Enter Victor and Maria Chopski, and their son Red Chief (who likes to play with dynamte), they're a family who lives happily in the woods hunting, until one day Golden Bell kidnapped Red Chief, and Victor and Maria must follow Golden Bell's trail all around the world till they find him!

For starters this games in from a new company, and it's has lots of competition, with games likes HL 2, Doom 3 and other, this game will certainly go unnoticed, buy does is it deserve it?

I'm going to say a thing I've never said before, I love this game's soundtrack and I'd actually buy it! The soundtrack is from Bolbox Rex (additional music from Modoocom), a music group from New Zealand, I like so much I just turn down the SFX to the minimun just to hear it!

:woohoo:

Oh wait, there is another reason for turning the SFX down...

The character's barely talk at all, they only talk when you pick up an item you don't need (like when you have full ammo or health) and most dialogue is... written, but I actually forgive them since the music is so cool...

Like most FPS, it tends to get monotonous, and the enemies start to look familiar when you futher in the game (the just have different hair, or different clothes or simliar), but you do have stages where you ride a vehicule to make it more fun...

This game does bring some innovations, like a combo system, when you use a powerfull weapon like the shotgun or missile launcher, the enemy will fly to the skies where you can hit him again to gain more points and ammo, mastering this skill is a must since there are "puzzles" where you must use this technique to drop an enemy into a certain place...

Another innovation is the fact that you are actually carrying a "passenger", Maria, Victor's wife, is on Victor's back in some sort of saddle, where she relaods the weapons you're not using, attack the enemies that get too close with het whip and has a special attack that can be used when obtaining a certain item. She also drives the vehicules in driving stages and she's the only one smart enough to open doors with a keypad, while she's cracking the code, you must protect her...

We'll also meet Lisa, who sells us weapons and upgrades (unlike most FPS, in this game you don't find weapons, you buy and upgrade them), and give us some info about the story and hints...

If you collect 20 Madnum cards (the company she works for) :

You get to do the nasty with her, nothing too visual, just oil pumps and stuff like that...

Don't worry, there are more than 20 cards in the game...:naughty:

In this game you can enter "extasis mode", which is like bullet time and gives you more points and higer combos and while in this mode you hear classic music... :P

You also have the chance to sample the Healthy Family drug, not without a "Heroes don't do drugs" message, that is, and all the enemies will turn into dancing girls while party music plays, and you lose health...

The downside? No deathmatch mode, you can only play co-operative, but they promise to add it in the future...

If you liked Serious Sam and Will Rock, you'll probably like this game, it fairly well done for a "n00b" company, and it's cheap too...

[nitpick]it's vehicles not vehicules[/nitpick]

I never heard of this game before, got some screenshots or some links?

Meh, I didn't like the demo for it. But if you do like serious sam, you may enjoy this game, it's not as good as SS though.

Meh, I didn't like the demo for it. But if you do like serious sam, you may enjoy this game, it's not as good as SS though.

Give them a break! Yes, Serious Sam is better, but it wasn't Croteam's first game, Nitro Family is Delphieye's first game, and korean games companies are always more humble than US, or European ones...

I guess I'm always "soft" with new companies...

:mock:

Here is the demo, if you want to try it out...

Croteam is a Croatian company. There is really no infrastructure in Croatia to support an endeavour of a game-making kind and still they manage to pull it off. Korea has a serious game-making community by comparison.

Croteam is a Croatian company. There is really no infrastructure in Croatia to support an endeavour of a game-making kind and still they manage to pull it off. Korea has a serious game-making community by comparison.

Ok, I didn't know that, but I did know that they made some game for the Amiga back in days of yore....:deranged:

Isn't Midnight Nowhere from a Croatian Company?

The only famous Korean game I can think of right now is NCSoft's City of Heroes...

Korea may make good games, but we almost never hear of them... :shifty:

City of Heroes wasn't developed by NCSoft, they just publish and host it (like they will be doing for Guild Wars I BELIEVE).

But anyway, there are a gajillion Korean MMOs that are super popular there and more popular than you'd expect in the rest of the world. Marek can tell you all about it.

City of Heroes wasn't developed by NCSoft, they just publish and host it (like they will be doing for Guild Wars I BELIEVE).

But anyway, there are a gajillion Korean MMOs that are super popular there and more popular than you'd expect in the rest of the world. Marek can tell you all about it.

Like... Maple Story? :naughty:

(You know I might actually play this game?) :deranged: