Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Three Moves Ahead 533: Old World

Three Moves Ahead 533:

Three Moves Ahead 533

Old World
Troy, Len, and Jon gather by the fire to discuss Old World, the new ancient world 4X from Civilization IV designer and prolific 3ma guest Soren Johnson. Does the tighter timeframe help or hinder it? Is it just ancient Civ? Is that even a bad thing? How many more questions can I come up with? Does this description still look too short? This is probably a good place to stop, right?

Old World

OK so this isn’t the advertised episode for me, it’s a replay of Rob Daviau’s interview about the design process for Risk: Legacy. 

can you please upload the right episode?! Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Sorbicol said:

OK so this isn’t the advertised episode for me, it’s a replay of Rob Daviau’s interview about the design process for Risk: Legacy. 

It was (and still is at time or writing) wrong in the RSS feed I use for 3MA, where a designer notes episode seems to have been posted twice, but the direct download from the website is the correct file now.

5 hours ago, Sorbicol said:

It's fine now.

Old World definitely sounds interesting, but I continue to dislike Epic Game Store exclusivity - I simply prefer to have fewer services running in the background of my PC (I leave both GOG Galaxy and EGS) off by default and that typically creates a bit of a discoverability/update problem for me (in that the clients get started so infrequently)

Anyone know if they have future plans to show up on Steam? I noticed it's self-published unlike Offworld Trading Company which was published by Stardock