Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Three Moves Ahead 526: Total War: Rome Remastered

Three Moves Ahead 526:

Three Moves Ahead 526

Total War: Rome Remastered
Rob, Jon, and Len have taken up their swords and strapped on their sandals to party like it's 2004. What did the original Total War: Rome do right that the series hasn't since? And does it hold up beside its younger, prettier siblings? And why is no one talking about Lone Star? Seriously. It's a great movie.

Total War: Rome Remastered

For me this was like coming home and hanging out with an old friend.   A well spent 15 bucks even for just one full campaign as Rome.

And I'd love to see the same treatment done to MTW2. 

P.S.  The comment at the end suggesting that modern games are better simply by the fact they're newer is amusing.  I won't bother listing them all, but the list is quite long of games from 10, 15 or 20 years ago that are better than anything currently made imho.

On 10.05.2021 at 7:52 PM, EASYTARGET said:

P.S.  The comment at the end suggesting that modern games are better simply by the fact they're newer is amusing.  I won't bother listing them all, but the list is quite long of games from 10, 15 or 20 years ago that are better than anything currently made imho.

I think they meant a lot of conveniences and technical upgrades you can't live without once you've tried them. Like widescreen and high-resolution support, customizable and generally better UI.