Brannigan

Working Hardspace, or Hardly shipbreaking?!

Hardspace Shipbreaker! Had no idea this was a thing and suddenly I put hours into the early access!  You play as an indentured spaceman tasked with salvaging spacecraft for parts to work off debt.  Currently that whole debt thing feels more like window dressing, but boy is the ship snipping fun as hell.  Effectively it's like a puzzle of dismantling, caring not to rupture fuel lines, causing explosive decompression, not damaging the goods, etc.  You get  a sort of gravity gun/tether to move bits and a cutting tool for slicing and dicing.  Also have to mind your O2 levels, health if you do something stupid, and thruster fuel.  You also work in 15 minute shifts, which may seem stressful, but you can work multiple shifts on the same ship, it's mainly there to encourage you to work consistently and again, remind you that you're on the job.  There's also a freeplay mode which can be fun to muck around in, but it removes not only the time limit but gives you infinite health/O2 as well, great for trying to explode ships but takes out the dramatic bits of the career mode.  Regardless of the mode, it's got a real zen like quality, very relaxing to play, for the most part.  Ships get more complicated as you rank up, the progression from tier 3 to 4 was a huge leap and that was truly the first time I was just dumbfounded on how to approach a job, in a very good way(After surveying the ship for a solid 5 minutes, I immediately caused a violent decompression, then ignited the ships nuclear reactor maybe a minute later by accident.)

Did I mention you're flying around in space in first person?

Yeeeees I'm also playing this! In a week when TLOU2 and Desperados 3 is releasing, this thing just came out of nowhere and stole my attention away from those. :D

I like games where you're just a everyday workerperson doing a job, and I like zero-G space-sim-stuff, so this is right up my alley. It's cool that Focus is throwing so much money at jazzing up weird niche sims like this and Snowrunner and giving them the AAA-treatment.

4 hours ago, Henke said:

Yeeeees I'm also playing this! In a week when TLOU2 and Desperados 3 is releasing, this thing just came out of nowhere and stole my attention away from those. :D

I like games where you're just a everyday workerperson doing a job, and I like zero-G space-sim-stuff, so this is right up my alley. It's cool that Focus is throwing so much money at jazzing up weird niche sims like this and Snowrunner and giving them the AAA-treatment.

I usually not into the job games, but this is just really hitting the spot for some reason!