Sign in to follow this  
Derek

The Cutdown Episode 19: Sequels

The Cutdown 19

Sequels

In this episode Derek and Ric are talking trailers for sequels, and different approaches to that difficult second launch. Along those lines, we dive into the trailer for A Quiet Place: Part II.

Trailers Discussed: A Quiet Place: Part II, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, Magic Mike XXL, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, No Time To Die, Grown Ups 2, Half Life: Alyx, Thor: Ragnarok, Cloverfield, It: Chapter 2, Hellboy, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, Happy Death Day 2 U, Frozen 2, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

If you have questions or comments please send them to [email protected].

I remember seeing that Gremlins 2 trailer in the cinema, it got 10-year-old me really excited! I think I'd seen the first one by that point, but for a while it was too scary for me because I never made it past the relatively straight horror stuff at the start to find out that it gets pretty silly by the end, so this trailer's mix of horror and comedy vibes really clicked with me.

Back To The Future II's trailer has almost 30 seconds of clips from the first movie at the top to serve as a recap!

Haha, looking at that trailer all I can think of is what the trailer-ized cover version of "Gonna Go Back in Time" would be if the film was rebooted :P