Ric Thomas

The Cutdown Episode 10: Motion Graphics

In this episode we discuss one of the most important aspects of trailer creation - motion graphics. From The Blob to The Da Vinci Code, we discuss what graphics add to the trailer process and talk about a number of our favorite examples. We also speak to professional motion graphics artist Hal Forsstrom about where the industry is going and how to break in.

Links: Netflix plans to use AI to help make trailers.

Trailers Discussed: Morgan, Bombshell, Marriage Story (What I Love About Nicole), Marriage Story (What I Love About Charlie), Man of Steel (Jonathan Kent), Man of Steel (Jor-El), Thor Ragnarok Teaser, Guardians of the Galaxy, Suicide Squad, Mad Max Fury Road, The Blob, West Side Story, A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut, Star Trek First Contact Teaser, The Da Vinci Code, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, Avengers Endgame Teaser, The Matrix, 300 Teaser, Kingsman The Golden Circle, Godzilla, In Bruges, Madeline's Madeline, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Rocknrolla, The Lighthouse.

If you have questions or comments please send them to [email protected].

Join us in the Idle Forums to discuss this week's episode!

Hooray, episode 10! My listening habits mean I don't end up posting a lot of comments or questions on these threads, but I'm enjoying this 'cast very much!

On 9/8/2019 at 6:33 AM, Ben X said:

Hooray, episode 10! My listening habits mean I don't end up posting a lot of comments or questions on these threads, but I'm enjoying this 'cast very much!

Thanks!!