Toby80

Who's Buying the Switch Lite?

Who is going to get the new Switch Lite? I'm currently eyeing up the grey Pokemon edition and will most likely purchase it. There's a lot of people up in arms about it not being good value but I think it's great for people who want a cheaper option to get into the Nintendo franchise. If you're only going to use it on the go then its nice to have a cheaper option and I don't think it really suffers that much in the other comparisons with the original version.

Switch%20Infographic%20(1).png

Image Source

I'm not getting one, owning an original already. Also, I'd be hesitant to get any new Switch unless and until Nintendo decisively solve the Joy-Con issues with drift and poor connectivity. The Joy-Cons, for all their wonderful gimmicks, are some of the poorest controllers Nintendo have ever made.

Nah, my ideal switch would a combination of the two. A Small form factor like the Lite for easier handheld play, but still dockable. Plus the built in joycons are a mistake 1) people are having drifting issues 2) you can't play all games.

I ended up getting one and I love it.  It's built quite well and feels very solid.  It's heavier than I thought it would be, but feels comfortable in my hands.  I've played the SNES game suite and Skyrim, and the small screen definitely makes some aspects of Skyrim tougher - text can be challenging.  But all in all, I'm more than happy with my purchase!