Rob Zacny

Three Moves Ahead Episode 472: We The Revolution

Three Moves Ahead 472:

Three Moves Ahead 472

We. The Revolution
Rob and Troy are bad revolutionary judges in We. The Revolution. But is there such thing as a good judge on a tribunal as compromised as this? It doesn't look like it in Polyslash's grim political adventure. The gang discuss the historical perspective that We. The Revolution adopts as well as its curious feature-creep as it moves from a straightforward legal procedural to something far more ambitious and less coherent. Why are you fighting for control of Paris? Why are you commanding soldiers in battle? Are its systems of political intrigue and persuasion any fun to use? The more you play, the less sense We. The Revolution seems to make, but the more hypnotic it becomes.

We. The Revolution, Papers Please

You made this game sound interesting even if you didn't like it in the end. As I understand it's not even Pirates! style minigame game cause there's no single central hub game for it all. A visual novel can't be a central mechanic, can't it?

I'm also tired of games that portray some complex issue and then think they're looking smart by not really saying about it. Everyone talks about how Ubisoft does it with their games not being political, and the example I remember the most is Deus Ex Human Revolution with its ghetto for enhanced people in Prague, a hero being harassed for his implants, separate train wagons for people like him etc - and with a game proudly saying that it doesn't want to take a stance.

Greetings.

I have got a more technical or organisational question: Is there a specific reason that you have changed the data title of your 3ma-episodes from the beautiful clear version like "ThreeMovesAhead465.mp3" (the last episode with the "normal" title) to "highlights" like "3MA - Difficulty-F.mp3" for episode 467 or a more normal one like "3MA - We The Revolution.mp3" here.

Additionally since episode 466 mostly no id3-tags are included any longer: the 3ma-cover is missing and no information regarding title, episode number and artist and the like is available (exception: episode 470).

This "problem" results undepending about the way I download: If I make a download about the regular website or by my RSS-feed (FeedReader as a browser plug-in) .

Is this a technical issue because of soundcloud as the provider? I am listening to different podcasts and it is not the only time that a podcast published via soundcloud leads to different "difficulties".

It's probably cause Michael the Wizard is on vacation and someone else does audio editing. They didn't think about adding all of this technical stuff probably.