Sign in to follow this  
eRonin

Cheese and Wine

Hey everyone. I joined a game jam hosted by Nina Freeman's stream community (dev on Tacoma; made Cibele). The theme is wine, so I decided to give it a crack by making a simple shooting game where the reload animation is the character taking a sip of wine. I started development in game maker a few days ago and to my surprise, I have a working exe up already. This is my first game besides a simple asteroids game I made by following a tutorial step by step, so I'm really happy with how simple game maker is to use for a first-timer. I'll drop a link to the exe in a dropbox folder below, but also here are some sprites from the game:

wine_glass_strip6.png

gun_strip4.png

Just a warning with the game: the screen WILL SHAKE partway through the game after a certain requirement has been met, and gets worse progressively. While this is an intended mechanic, ideally I would like the screen to sort of "sway" rather than shake violently the way it does now. If anyone can help me with that, I'd love the help!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zidplr128rcdlwj/AABu5SOuFASrXT8U56OhVsq5a?dl=0

I've updated the game a bunch in the last two days, so here's a short trailer video, I guess? I've updated the game more since then, thanks to some help from phill and some other suggestions from other folks in the idle thumbs slack, and I'm really happy with the camera sway effect now. Below is the v0.6 version of the game. I've just published v0.7, which you can find in the dropbox link above.