Sign in to follow this  
SecretAsianMan

KovaaK's FPS Aim Trainer

Forgive me for doing a bit of promoting here but a friend at work told me a game he's been working on for a while was recently released to Steam.  I told him I'd help get the word out.

KovaaK's FPS Aim Trainer is a game about learning the skills and muscle memory to play first person shooters.  It's a single player game where you play against bots that can be customized in a lot of ways.  Almost every variable can be adjusted so that the weapons respond like they would in any other game.  Bots can be given AI as well, allowing them to dodge and fight back.  Movement mechanics can also be adjusted; things like double jump and jetpacks can be added to further train for specific games.  Maps are customizable so you can create scenarios such as a sniper training alley.  At the moment there's no controller support or third person mode.

I haven't played with it myself but it seems like a good way get some FPS chops without the pressure of online play.  I can also see it making for a good warm-up prior to a match.

Man, I know this guy!

Not personally but he once made a great QuakeWorld beginner series on youtube, and I also remember that he made a fantastic video on mouse acceleration in games (it's a topic everyone gets wrong).