Sign in to follow this  
Rob Zacny

Episode 421: Nantucket

Three Moves Ahead 421:

Three Moves Ahead 421

Nantucket
Call me Zacny. Some years ago—never mind how long precisely—having little or no money in my Steam Wallet, and nothing particular to interest me on shore... you know what, you get it. It's Moby Dick. This week, Rob, Matthew Flanigan (thehistoricalgamer on Youtube) and Troy "No I don't have scurvy this is just how I look" Goodfellow talk about the debut game from Picaresque Studio, Nantucket. Nantucket is a strategy / RPG hybrid that has the player managing a whaling vessel and setting out to sea to earn their fortune in the trade of whale anatomy. Our whaling crew agrees that Nantucket is a beautiful and well-crafted experience with some room for improvement, but definitely a contender for Best Whaling Simulator of Q1 2018.

Nantucket

The best line was when the discussion turned to the options regarding the dealing with the sodomites in the game. Troy says: You can get to know your crew members. lol !

I have no desire to play this game but the discussion was helpful.

I'm with Troy and want a more detailed whale management sim.  Also-  Did anyone else feel like they're using Moby Dick as cover to be in the Dishonored universe?  

Whalepunk- you're a style that is set up to fail!

I really enjoyed the second half of this show with Troy giving his take on it all. Some of the best 3MA in a long time.