Jake

Idle Weekend December 31, 2017: Homelife, 2017

Idle Weekend December 31, 2017:

Idle Weekend December 31, 2017

Homelife, 2017
The Idle Weekenders bid this crappy year adieu with the help of friend and colleague Cameron Kunzelman. They talk home settings in games, from the cozy confines of Stardew Valley’s quaint town, to the too-millennial aspirations of later Sims, to the much wackier ways in which horror games set family life. Then, we talk some serious trash about White Christmas and other fabulous trashcan eclairs. Like Dark Matter.

Discussed: Stardew Valley, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, The Quiet Year, Crusader Kings, Animal Crossing, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus, Resident Evil 7, Tacoma, Hyper Light Drifter, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, White Christmas, Dark Matter

Does anyone know the name of the book about cooking in Leningrad that Rob referenced?

Based on Rob's description of the book it sounds like it could be "The Bread of Affliction: The Food Supply in the USSR during World War II" by William Moskoff.

Alternatively, "Hunger and War: Food Provisioning in the Soviet Union during World War II" looks similar, but I don't think it's the book Rob was reading.

As much as I like this show, I do find it a bit hard to listen to the hosts mentioning basically every week recently how bad 2017 apparently was. I can't relate.