ragnar

Retro game music

Do you sometimes listen to the really old classic scores from early gaming (such as from c64, amiga, etc.)? Out of the games even? Do you like the music by Rob Hubbard, Chris Huelsbeck, Martin Galway and the other good game composers? I sure do.

Who is your favourite old game composer?

Yes I do, I've got a continuously growing list of sid music in my foobar2000.

I especially like Chris Huelsbeck's work. (Turrican saga...)

Also Richard Joseph's work is legendary. (Defender of the Crown, Speedball...)

Sidplay is a wonderful program to play C64 music in it's original way. If you want to listen to that, I'd recommend the "High Voltage SID Collection", featuring 27500 SID tunes that together is just about 50 MB.

http://www.hvsc.c64.org/

I don't really remember who made these songs... But I love the Impossamole music, the Rock N' Roll (I think that's the name) music, and the Pac-Mania music too... :erm:

I use DeliPlayer BTW...

i really liked the music from Quadralien for some reason.

addictive industrial mush.

my deliplayer says it was by Whittaker. cant remember his first name.

the amiga actually had very cool audio hardware in it, so hearing the tunes coming from the amiga is the best.

xenon2 had sweet music too.

I actually really liked the music for Xenon 1 (David Wittaker) as well, odd as it is. The music to Barbarian and all the Bitmap Bros. games were also great.

I'm gonna download that high voltage Sid collection pronto and remember all my other faves too :woohoo:

I'm listening to "Way Of The Exploding Fist" by Neil Brennan right now. It's the Karma64 version available at C64Audio.com

For people who like the bleeping music of the early computers I can recommend Desert Planet.

I also love the wacky music from Krakout by Ben Daglish.