Gorbles

Dawn of War III

So, uh, I used the Search function, I manually browsed the subforum . . . and I can't find a thread on this.

Does it not tickle anyones' fancies? Are people just burned after DoW II, or CoH 2? Has it flown under the radar? I'm throwing guesses at the wall!

I ironically haven't delved that much into the detail surrounding the game, I've read a few blog posts but most of my time is spent volunteering for Relic on their forums, so there's my favouritism right there :P Looking enjoyable on the whole; that said I vastly preferred DoW II so I'm not sure how many of the returning vDoW aspects are going to be a hit for me. Looks like Relic are having a hard time striking public opinion and interest when juggling mechanics from vDoW / traditional RTS format and DoW II (and its inherent RPG-eseque progression).

Main site, and a couple of unit spotlights:

Assault Termies.

Whirlwind Tank.

I am possibly excited, its been a while since I've played a Relic RTS, but if it is more like 1 than 2 I will probably pick it up.

I vastly preferred DoW II so I'm not sure how many of the returning vDoW aspects are going to be a hit for me.

I'm in the same boat. I thought the second game was more interesting than the first. 

The original Dawn of War was fun, because it was a pretty damn decent RTS that did a great job of adding Warhammer trappings. DoW II was a neat, weird game that I found more rewarding to play. 

I really don't like base building in fast-paced RTS games, so if it's going back in that direction, I'm less enthused. On the other hand, the building aspects even in the original weren't as onerous as in other genre mainstays.

One reason it may not be getting a lot of discussion is that it's still in PR drip-feed mode. I think this community tends to wait until there's more to chew on. (Which is not to say that we shouldn't have a thread on it!)

Yeah, I too liked DoW II more (but I miss the banters from the DoW I) - even when it was almost diablo like, but a mix of both games could be interesting. That said, I am excited fro DoW III, but I might need to know more before I could comment.