Sign in to follow this  
glimb

Velvet Sundown - a funny little RP game on Steam

Hey Everybody!

I've been playing a bunch of Velvet Sundown lately and would love to play even more of it but the player-base is a little low right now, so thought some of you might be interested in checking it out.

It's a free open-ended dialogue-based improv roleplaying game, where you're randomly assigned a character on this cruise ship (3D graphics) and provided with limited direction/small objectives. Usually the best games are when someone has a random idea and everyone just runs with it, rather than strict focus on or adherence to the plot. Regardless, with a creative, responsive and engaged group of people it’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had in a game!

Only one of the three different scenarios (one where you figure out who murdered the captain, one with corporate espionage, and one that's just more vague and character-focused) is free at a time, and the free one switches every 2.5 hours. Scenarios last 30-40 minutes.

The wait to start a scenario can be long (I usually just tab out and do something else until there are enough people) and, of course, you encounter trolls since it's the internet...but I think it definitely has potential! I've been having a blast with it when I can get a group together.

Here's a brief wiki description, list of characters, controls

Anyway, it's pretty fun! :)  Hope to see some of you guys in-game!!!

O hey I loved this game when I could get a decent group going, but that was really only about one in every five games for me, so eventually I just uninstalled it. I wouldn't mind reinstalling if a handful more people on here perk up at the idea. Maybe get on the slack chat to get a group going?

I've not any interest in playing, but I do remember the Giant Bomb quicklook being quite amusing on the off chance that helps sell it to anyone.