Sign in to follow this  
ugly_cat

[Dev Log] Dig

Hey all,

I programmed a little game in godot for a weekend game jam. The theme was two buttons, so each player has only two inputs: Jump and throw bomb. The bomb's fuse length can be adjusted by holding down the bomb button. I thought the mechanics might be interesting to explore more thoroughly.

Here is a link to the itch.io and the github.

Note: The web version only works in Chrome. There is also an issue with the game where the first player will be duplicated randomly. I'm not sure what's up with that.

I've made a lot of progress since the jam ended. I scratched the idea of it being a two button game and added conventional controls. I also made it so bombs explode on impact with the ground and I made the ground move downward when nothing is beneath it!

I'm heading in this direction because I want to turn this into a cooperative/versus inverted Puzzle Bobble with a chain mechanic similar to Puyo Pop. The terrain will disappear if four or more like tile colors are touching, so the goal is to destroy the terrain in such a way that creates a chain reaction of tiles disappearing.

post-35142-0-79123700-1456991968.gif

I like games in this vein, like Mr. Driller, etc. Looks like it's coming along. Be sure to keep us posted!