Sign in to follow this  
Korax

Dex - Cyberpunk Corp Killer

This just came out of Early Access today. I've only played an hour or so, and I've had fun with the story setup and running through sewers punching thugs. I have a couple small issues - some of the menus are clunky, and the save system is a kind-of-opaque checkpoint/manual save combo - but I'm liking it a lot so far. The art is nice, the RPG mechanics seem straightforward enough, and it works pretty well with a controller. There's some pretty good voice acting, too, especially considering that it's a Kickstarter-funded indie team from Prague.

I just got to the point where I can start installing cybernetic upgrades, and I'm thinking about forgoing guns entirely and seeing how a punchy hacker works out.

I just got to the point where I can start installing cybernetic upgrades, and I'm thinking about forgoing guns entirely and seeing how a punchy hacker works out.

You're a man after my own heart. 

So I'm close to the end, and it's been mostly good! I had an issue with a side mission breaking and being unable to complete it, but I haven't really had problems with bugs - until now. There's some sort of late-gave save bug that can cause the game to not properly store the checkpointing, and I lost about 20-30 minutes of progress right as I was close to finishing. The devs are hoping to get a patch out Monday, but it really killed the momentum I had going.

I am, however, pleased to report that a melee-focused play style is totally viable! With 5 or 6 levels, you have enough skill points to boost unarmed damage by 50%, get a 3-hit combo that adds another 50% on the third hit, and learn a high kick and a leg sweep. Use augments to make it another +65% and increase armor against firearms, and you can pretty much just charge down any enemy and start smashing their teeth in.

Nice Korax..!

I think it's an awesome game, reminds me of the old school Shadowrun on the Sega.

I can't seem to equip my gun though, I saved up, bought a decent magnum and some bullets but when I try to click on it in my inventory, it doesn't "do" anything.  Is this a bug or am I not doin' somethin' right?

Underneath your inventory you should have a row of boxes that function like a quickbar, I think you need to drag your gun into that before you can draw it.

Underneath your inventory you should have a row of boxes that function like a quickbar, I think you need to drag your gun into that before you can draw it.

Yeah, this exactly. Definitely one of the "clunky menu" things. The only reason I didn't know it was even an issue is because I never tried to use a gun.