Toureiro

[Dev Log] His Cyborg Familiar

Yikes - Registered in the forums for over a year and this is my first post. Haha, thanks Wizard Jam (I guess).

I'm choosing the episode "His Cyborg Familiar" as a theme and here's the idea:

It's a first person game where you go grocery shopping in this magic cyberpunk world. You got a list of items that you need to find and buy. You also have a Cyborg Familiar to help you. Maybe carry the groceries for you and all that.

But here's the thing - I want everything (EVERYTHING) to obey to physics. Every shelf, stack of cans, box of sparkle-cog cereal. And the Cyborb Familiar is a bit... spatially challenged (no path finding - easy - score!). So it might become a case of bull in a china shop if you're not careful... probably even if you are. Eh, it might detonate at some point because, reasons. 

We'll see!

---

As for help:

It would be cool if I had a 2D artist that could help come up with interesting labels and packages for this cyberpunk-magical world (box art for cereal boxes, cans of beer, etc). 

And if you do sounds/music and want to pitch in - that would be stellar too.

What do you think?

EDIT: Super bummed but work got in the way :\

Still, looking forward to playing your games. Already saw some really cool ones!

Day 1:

Settled on a level design - Small enough to be this shabby place but big enough to allow for the desired gameplay. It should be familiar in layout but strange in content. I also wanted to try to emulate that feeling of arriving on a grocery store for the first time and have that moment where you feel lost as you try and figure out where things are, with the added discomfort of having your back to the clerk (a grumpy robot) as he glares at you.

Also started to play around with lighting, aiming at a cyberpunk style and the design of the familiar. 

More tomorrow!

VG2qYgo.jpg

WjLnKvQ.jpg