Sign in to follow this  
Pac-Person

[Dev Log] Episode Forty-Five

So, I think I will try to make a game about Episode 45 - Episode Forty-Five. Though I would describe my coding knowledge as intermediate I have never made a game. That's why I'm still unsure what tool to use, and what the gameplay should look like.

Somehow I'm always coming back to the idea of making a Twine game. Mainly because it's a tool I'm really fond of even though I never used it. Maybe it's because I'm terrible at everything relating to asset and content creation and it lets me get away with doing only one of those things.

Anyway, here's the concept:

"It is the early oughts. The licensed game making craze is at its all time high. The producers of "Chris", a character spin-off of the long running sitcom "Thumbs", decide to commision a game to their 45th episode. Episode 45 is in no way planned to be a special one, it's just the way things are at the time.This is that game."

Just go with Twine. If you end up wanting more than text, Twine supports images. If you end up wanting more interactivity after that then you can probably use the story and assets that you already made and put them in a game-engine that supports physics (or whatever). That would probably happen after the 2-weeks though. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if Twine supports everything you want to be able to do in the game then it's a great choice of engine.

Yeah, you're probably right. The problem was that I didn't know what I wanted the game to be, so it was hard to tell if Twine supports it. But I like the thought of making something with it so I built my present ideas around its feature set. It's also far more feature rich than I expected, with custom scripts and all. It's great how customizable it is while maintaining a really approachable UI.

Currently I'm planning a game with a time limit of 21 minutes (though that's almost certainly too long) during which the player has to "collect" laughing track plays by deciding how to react to the scene described, trying to escalate the situation.

Sign in to follow this