Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Rashless Road Redemption

Apparently Road Redemption is not new, but I discovered it last week and was given a free copy for some reason. It's a spiritual sequel to the Road Rash games and it seems kind of fun after an hour or two, but the polish level is as early accessy as expected. The fighting is lots of fun, but the turning controls leave something to be desired I think. There's a rooftop level similar to a Motorstorm game, but in this instance it is not much fun. The menus are kind of awful. But the combat is very satisfying with cool moves like grabbing a fellow motorcyclist and holding him up to traffic coming our way.

I have almost purchased this game about half a dozen times at this point. I've been dying for a modern take on Road Rash for at least a decade.

Does it have awesome music? Failing that, can I import my own collection of awesome music to supplement whatever they've got in-game?

The music is horrible (I turned it off), but that may be just my taste. I didn't look if there was any music-import capability but probably not so far.

There's a new function in Steam for playing your own music now right? So obviously Rusty Cage needs to be played A LOT while playing this game.

I haven't played the game yet myself, I'd be interested to hear more thoughts on it though, especially from old Road Rash fans.

Wow, I just discovered the steam music player thing. Yeah, that would solve the in-game custom music problem for all games and it's quite a good idea. Now I can finally also put some of the game soundtracks to use. For example, I've now discovered that Hack & Slash has a nice soundtrack while playing it in another game without even launching Hack & Slash once. It seems that a game would have to be installed for its soundtrack to be playable, though, which sucks if true.