Chris

Disneyland/Disney World

Since I've been gone too much I've missed this thread, and the episode as well.

I've only once visited the land of Amurica in the year of 1992. I visited Orlando, Florida with my dad and we went to Disneyworld, Universal Studios and the Epcot center place. I won a Luigi plushie doll in Universal studios in some watergun competion booth, and I lost it in the hotel on the day we left back to Finland. I seriously miss that doll, it's so weird because I never was a Nintendo gamer before Sega went busted and I got a GBA. It would have changed a lot if I had that Luigi doll through the years because 1992 or 1993 was the year I got my Sega Mega Drive as a present and truly became a Sega fan.

One thing I remember from Disneyworld is that there was a huge line to everywhere so we missed most rides since my dad doesn't want to wait. I do remember missing for example Pirates of the Caribbean ride and that sucks, that's the one that I in retrospect would have liked to see the most. I actually don't remember being on that many rides there, we just mostly walked around for the whole day if memory serves me correctly. We did take the Jules Verne submarine adventure that was discussed earlier in this thread and we also went to the surreal singing boat ride, It's a Small World. That place gave me the most creeps when I was there.

Universal Studios was cool, I remember there was the Jaws shark on display and a live show about Indiana Jones and the boulder from Raiders of the Lost Ark. There was a show about the Backdraft movie as well, never went to that actually until later in Universal Studios Japan in Osaka in 2010. I've also visited in the past years the Tokyo Disney Resort, both the Land and Sea parts of it. Tower of Terror was cool.

I have old VHS cassettes of Disneyworld and Epcot Center from the early 90's that we bought from a Disney gift shop. If those are not in Youtube, I'll rip those someday. Those are full of magical weird promotional stuff and old nostalgia.