prawks

Due Process

http://dueprocess.info/

If you've played competitive Counter-Strike, this blew my mind.

Apparently they were at PAX, did anyone get a chance to play it? They were also looking for playtesters earlier this year.

I've only seen a couple videos of it being played (specifically

and
) but I really love the ideas behind it.  In a way it reminds me of Monaco in that you have different roles and you try to plan things out but everything inevitably goes haywire and craziness ensues.  The one thing I really love is the planning phase, especially the way that the lines drawn in the overhead mode are actually visible on the ground in the first person view.

I've only seen a couple videos of it being played (specifically

and
) but I really love the ideas behind it.  In a way it reminds me of Monaco in that you have different roles and you try to plan things out but everything inevitably goes haywire and craziness ensues.  The one thing I really love is the planning phase, especially the way that the lines drawn in the overhead mode are actually visible on the ground in the first person view.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention you linked it to me in the other thread  :tup:

I had trouble getting into Monaco, I guess perhaps it didn't really click until I saw it done in an FPS. It just makes that kind of shooter so much more fun to have not only strategies worked out, but also be able to illustrate them as well. Makes scenerios play out much more interestingly when everyone is on the same page.

There's also a ton of extra strategy that they pile on on top of that with the way weapon selection works and the (seemingly) randomly generated levels.