Turgid

Idle Meetups - San Francisco

I will be driving up to San Fran to attend Fantasy Strike Expo, a board game get-together with David Sirlin and various games he has designed. (Yomi, Puzzle Strike, Flash Duel, etc.) June 6-8. http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?pages/fsx/

Thing is, I know the Thumbs themselves are from SF and quite a few Thumbs fans are too. I'll be up there the evening of June 5 (Thursday) before the expo, if anyone wants to get together and drink or play board games or something. Probably around 8pm? I'm staying at the Marriot Courtyard San Francisco Airport hotel, which has a small restaurant and a small beer selection, but I could car or train somewhere better if you have a suggestion!

Feel free to use this thread for other SF meetups as well.

That sounds great, as I said in IRC. Probably easier (for us, at least) to meet at a bar or something in the city. If you take bart in, most of the places I know are in the mission which is easy to get to on bart, like Dear Mom. If you want to come into the city on the 5th I'd love to meet up somewhere. 

Also that expo looks really cool, I haven't heard of it before. 

Alright, I'll see you at Dear Mom as close to 8pm as possible, barring any driving or BART mishaps!

Sorry! I didn't allow enough time, and got there around 9:30. Totally my fault, I hope you can forgive me! Maybe we can arrange something else?

Yeah. i'm really sorry about that, I think I took off just before then. I heard on twitter you met up with someone else though, that's good. I'd be happy to try again, how long are you in town? I can also take bart down to where you are staying if that's easier.