Sign in to follow this  
Nelsormensch

Terminal7 11: Your Parade of Imbeciles

Terminal7 11: 

528__cover.jpg

Your Parade of Imbeciles
The release of Double Time sees the Spin Cycle come to a close. Filled with powerful but time-consuming double events, will these prove to be a lucky find for the runner or much needed corporate shuffle for the faceless bureaucracies? Nels & Jesse find out and you should come along!

Games Discussed: Android: Netrunner (Don't expect this will change much)

Thanks for reading my email guys! Sorry it was so long and rambling.

I'm with Jesse on loving Queen's Gambit, although it gets risky. I was playing the other day against an NBN deck. He had 4 points and one Astro token and installs something in a remote server. I can't get in, so I ignore it. Next turn he lets it sit there, so I figure it's not an agenda. I Queen's Gambit the card, spending the money on something that I can't remember. Next turn, he scores a Breaking News, uses the Astro token on the card I had Gambitted, reveals that it was an NAPD Contract and wins the game. I'll be more careful next time.

Also, I've played a fair amount in Toronto and have never seen somebody use Net Shield.

as per Kim's question about card stores running magic instead of netrunner:

In Vancouver both of the store nights do other things the same night in an effort to pay the bills. I would suggest talking to the store owner and asking him/her if netrunner could be played on the same day as the least popular event day.

For example for Drexol my friend just talked to the guy who ran the magic draft on tuesday night and asked if they would mind if we set up tables in the front of the store and played.

Connection has their heroclix league the same night as netrunner and we seem to be able to coexist. 

ideally, I would pick a day that would have the same demographic draw as netrunner. If it ended up being on the same day as yugioh or pokemon I would be less likely to go.

stuff like, roleplaying night (encounters is wednesdays most stores that do D&D) or open board game day could work.

queens gambit. crazy, I've only seen someone use it once. they did it to my vitruvius they believed to be a sansan grid. this allowed me to overadvance it and those overadvances gave me shipments from sansan back. those shipments with my committee gave me another cheap score and the game. Moral is, even if you think it is an agenda, it could be even worse than you think.