Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

Anyone a Logo Designer?

I have a friend who's starting a company to sell shoes, and one of the things she's going to need is a decent logo. I have no idea how one goes about designing a logo, but there are some pretty talented folks around the Idle Forums, so I thought I'd put out the call. If you think this is something you could do, let me know and I'll put you in touch.

I don't know exactly what her requirements are going to be yet, or what kind of pay she'll be offering, so all you'd be signing up for at this point is a conversation.

We all know that your real name is ██████████ Architecture.

Have you guys ever sold your craftpersonship skills and abilities on fiverr.com? Is it worthwhile from a creative's point of view?

I guess it depends on how much work you put in relative to money earnt. The model itself certainly works, with some pretty successful-looking dudes on there. If nothing else, it builds up a portfolio.

Might be worth checking out what gig extras the most successful people do. I'd imagine that getting those right in terms of price/value makes a huge difference — ideally you want people thinking 'Well, I'd be a fool NOT to spend that extra $5!'.

Have you guys ever sold your craftpersonship skills and abilities on fiverr.com? Is it worthwhile from a creative's point of view?

I personally kind of hate Fiverr for contributing to the idea that artistic work is worthless. Unless you can work very very quickly, you're making less than minimum wage for what is essentially a skilled trade.

I personally kind of hate Fiverr for contributing to the idea that artistic work is worthless. Unless you can work very very quickly, you're making less than minimum wage for what is essentially a skilled trade.

On the flip side, it also provides an easy way for those who for whatever reason aren't earning a good wage from doing art — in other words, most artists — to do some side/hobby work while also getting paid for it. After all, the artist determines the service.

If you're going to spend a few hours doing some art anyway, might as well get $15–$30 for it.