melmer

InFAMOUS Vanaman

Actually, if it makes you feel any better, I made the exact same mistake last night.  On the What's New section on the PS4 menu It said "INFAMOUS: FIRST LIGHT NOW AVAIL...." and I thought "What!  I thought that was in August!" and I clicked it and it said "....ABLE FOR PRE-ORDER."

So that was fun.

So I picked this up yesterday for £20 at my local GAME store (the first time I've actually bought something from them in years). I'm not particularly far but I'm having fun. It's more of the infamous/SR IV/Gravity Rush style that I just like. I couldn't say it's a great game but it's sure decent and I don't regret spending £20 on it at all. 

I recently got the Neon power and now I'm confused. What's the point in having multiple powers? They both do the same thing but slightly better or slightly worse in one way or another. Nothing so huge that I could think "oh this is clearly better for killing enemies" etc. In fact it feels like picking up a new power makes you weaker as you now have to collect a bunch of blast shards to do anything decent and not have to suck energy every 2 minutes. Does power swapping come into effect later in the game? If not I might as well stick with one and get to know it well.

Oh and the choices are pointless blah blah blah just like pretty much every game with morality choices that are linked to upgrades. 

You're forced in to using specific powers against the bosses at the end (they only give you access to a certain type of recharge point) But other than that you can use which ever power you like (neon) the third power isn't as useful as neon so i doubt you'll use it much, and you don't get the 4th power until you actually finish the game.

That's kinda dumb. I was hoping at least there would be different bosses or different enemies, each weak to a specific power. I was also hoping that the powers would be vastly different. Smoke seemed like the close-mid range crowd control tool while neon (at least how it was introduced) was a high damage sniping tool that used a lot of power so required you to be near a power source. Then you get it, and it's the same thing... I dunno, that disappointed me. 

It sure is pretty though.