Sign in to follow this  
Sno

The tech support thread

I ran a search and didn't see any threads for general computer concerns and problems, so i'm putting this one up. If anybody knows more about computer security than i do, some information to assuage my concerns or advice to deal with a potential problem would be appreciated.

I use FireFox with Noscript installed, and Noscript just started giving me XSS warnings on Youtube. I looked around and apparently youtube has had advertising-related XSS exploits in the past that led to Google accounts being hacked, but instead of the XSS coming from a google ads domain, it was just coming from "www.youtube.com". That doesn't seem like much of an XSS, so i don't know if Noscript is just bugging out, or if something's up with Youtube, or if there's an issue with my computer.

I spent some time searching around and it doesn't seem like this is a widespread issue or anything, it seems to just be me. I'd kind of like to have a handle on what's happening instead of just ignoring it and moving on.

Edit: Looks like other people are starting to notice the sudden existence of this issue, so it's not just me, which maybe renders this thread rather pointless. Hey, but check it out, now there's a thread for paranoid security-related problems.

Shit, i've even posted in there, i completely forgot about that thread. My mistake.