Sign in to follow this  
Colourful Stuff

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2

Having been stuck with restrictive uni internet for the past year I've been eager to start playing online games again. The one that has stuck is Rising Storm, with its unusual pace and reserved theme. Life is cheap and death is swift, sometimes frustrating, usually deserved. If you are already playing or would like to start just pop your steam ID below and we can fight together, for the Emperor.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012020375

post-26511-0-07117900-1371553167_thumb.jpg

I was wondering about this, and Lu game some halfhearted attempt at a description, placing it somewhere between Arma and some other game. How would you describe this game to someone of about average or slightly below average intelligence?

PC Gamer UK describe it as 'CoD for dads', which is pretty accurate. The main game mode is a rolling attack/defend thing with limited spawn tickets. Arma it is not although it does accurately simulate weapons (reloading a bold action rifle before the magazine is empty will cause a live bullet to fly out of the breach.) The range of engagement is usually 100 meters or less (300-100 for MGs and snipers.) It has a command structure similar to Battlefield with SLs you can spawn on and a commander who calls in off-map support.

I called it Arma-CoD, you dope.

CyczI6E.png

Red Orchestra 2 is free for life* if you start downloading it from Steam before "tomorrow" ie. before the weekend deals start.

Rising Storm will then be one of the weekend deals.

*Steam terms and conditions apply, Gabe owns your soul and wallet, access revoked upon release of Half-Life 3