Sign in to follow this  
Frenetic Pony

State of Decay

I started a new playthrough last night. My number of resident survivors was dwindling and their low morale was causing them to wander off to be devoured.  Having  already acquainted myself with the game's basic combat, stealth mechanics, and zombie behavior, I was now more able to pay better attention to screen prompts and directions. I was quickly performing some of the most intricate melee techniques that had completely eluded me on my first time through. My favorite was a diving roll toward an infected, popping up behind and pushing him forward into the arms of my npc who tied it up into a full nelson a fraction of a second before I came crashing down on it's skull with a hatchet.

Nick and Chris are absolutely correct that the opening to this game is so refreshingly blunted. It's a little like Call of Pripyat, but instead of being dropped in a field and pointed towards a barge, you're staring at another survivor in a life and death struggle with a zombie.

The game seems as capable of fostering pure wackiness as our other favorite emergent masters, FC2, Stalker, and GTA.

Just bought the pc version on steam, pretty good! There seems like there are a lot of systems in place like changing your survivor location, building out your location, managing how many people you have ( they will eat up food and ammunition) and deciding who you want to level up and take on scavenging runs.

The graphics settings and resolution options are awful, and you must play it with a 360 controller. But it is a steam early access game and they are going to add mouse & keyboard support.

It seems like it is worth it? (£15) I'm having fun. Any one else playing it?