Lu 

Planetside 2: When trees attack!

I don't know which one I chose, but I went for the one with a 'very high' population. This seems to be the case as there are at least five hotspots on each continent at any one time, all of which say there are 200+ people in the area. The first time I joined there was a two-minute wait, but I can't say this bothered me as I've always ended up queuing for servers in most multiplayer games I've played, especially Battlefield. The game has been bustling with activity for me, and since my first session (pretty much when the game launched) I haven't had to queue.

I'm surprised it takes you five minutes to load into a map. It takes about a minute tops for me, which again is pretty consistent with other multiplayer games I've played. I guess it takes a while to load the game itself too, but overall it's far from the slowest experience I've had.

If you went for the low-population server (there was one at 'very high', one at 'high', and one at 'low'), you should probably switch. Character profiles are tied to servers, so unless lots more people start playing the game then the server populations will probably remain at those levels on average. As I understand it the maximum population of a server is at least 4000, so needless to say the ones with higher populations shouldn't be devoid of activity.

I went to a "high" population server. I made a character on "very high" but I don't like to wait to play. 5 mins load is exaggeration, but it's not that far off considering it takes time to load in, (takes time to change class), takes time to "instant action."