Sign in to follow this  
Frenetic Pony

Real Lives 2010

Ok, this game IS stupidly fun.

First life was as a bit of an idiot, boy, born into some average Kentucky middle class people. Did alright with school and graduated in pre-law despite being fairly dumb (31 intelligence, I needed to study hard every year). By this time, due to working since the age of 15 and never spending much, I was god damned millionaire. Or rather, had million dollars between me and my wife. That's right, idiot millionaire, thank you USA! Lost most of it in the stock market in the end, but hell who cares? First wife at 20 by the way, highschool sweetheart, graduated with a chemistry degree. She became an alcoholic. Broke up with her after she got violent, moved to New York, got a new wife, died at age of 31 in a car crash.

Shit. All that and I end up making the seven o'clock news. No more huge amount of money, no degree, no kids, not really a great job. A lifetime of slipping slowly into unhappiness, of working the best job I could find, applying over and over, always asking for a raise, studying hard every year, including as a leisure activity. Guess that's genetics for you. Even in the US you can't beat that.

Still, worlds better than my second life. India, Spina Bifida. Dead at age 0.

The third, had almost as little going for him. A gay man in China with what I can only assume was ADD and an extra chromosome, he only completed 5 years of schooling (and had an intelligence of 1). Unable to get a job he started his own firewood business, and later auto repair. He started smoking, drinking, and doing drugs in his teen years, though only the smoking stuck. Throughout much of his life he stole when opportunities arose, though he also once saved a friends life at great risk to his own. Much of his life he lived in abject poverty, trying his luck at the stock market and other investments when even a little cash was available. None of it came to much.

No children, no one to spend his life with, never enough money to emigrate, no chance of a better job thanks to a felony conviction, no luck with investing. Even his friends ruined what little cash he had for investing.

Finally, at the age of 70, he turned his life around in a way. After going through over a dozen breakups with various men he dedicated his life to giving to charity, something he'd never done previously, even while homeless and starving. He also quit being physically active and social, and spent all of his time volunteering and as a political activist. Arrested six times he finally was sentenced to prison, where he died of an infection and cancer at the age of 82.

oh god which thread do I reply n

I played Real Lives 2008 when it was popular in /vg/ and I had some interesting experiences. The most 'successful' one was born in Sweden, moved to the US, and got stupidly rich by running a business exploiting workers.