Sign in to follow this  
Intrepid Homoludens

Bandwidth caps SUCK! (and so do clueless in-laws)

:frusty: Stupid satellite Internet! My brother-in-law, being the immature jack-ass that he is (tho I still love him), refused to let another cable service guy in to fix the problem we'd been having. Instead, he spent $600 on a new Internet satellite dish, another $100 for a couple guys to install it on the roof, and then upwards of $60 a month for the service. And now I'm stuck with a gawddamn bandwidth cap! I can't play online games anymore, and now have to use a download manager for getting game demos (I used to wait only 30 min. or less with DSL or cable). On top of that the connection is sometimes interrupted by severe thunderstorms. Do not ever get satellite service if you can help it.

And now he's paying even MORE money for only Internet satellite, when he was paying a mere $50 monthly for both cable Internet AND premium cable t.v. service. I got into a discussion with him about this, but he refused to listen. He thought he was gonna save money. Has it always been by default that in-laws are stupid? :nuts:

Sorry to hear that Trep :blink:

I have a bandwidth cap at college too, but it's 5 GB and I don't think I'll be hitting that any time soon. :grin:

Sorry to hear that Trep :blink:

I have a bandwidth cap at college too, but it's 5 GB and I don't think I'll be hitting that any time soon. :grin:

Hey, what a coincidence! That's the same cap I have!