Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Metal Gear SoliHD

I've recently picked this up and am playing through MGS3 again. Man that game truly rocks. I had previously found it too difficult and fiddly on the PS2, but looking back I've no idea why. I'm currently loving my trip through the game.

I think part of the reason may have been that I played (and loved MGS2) immediately beforehand, and MGS3 wants you to play it very differently.

I've not checked out Peace Walker yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

In all, I totally recommend this HD upgrade, even though it's almost completely identical, or perhaps because it's almost completely identical.

MGS and MGS3 are pretty much perfect. MGS2 walks the line of unacceptable absurdity, but it never crosses it, I don't think. It's absolutely insane, but I don't think it ever goes too far.

Now MGS4 has several problems I'm not as forgiving with, but I'll still likely play any entry in the series that comes before me out of habit.

Although I did notice when replaying the first game that Liquid Snake just. Won't. Fucking. Die. Kind of to the point of ridiculousness. But I don't care, I still love those games. Especially the 3rd one, because, you know, some days you feed on a tree frog and this whole ordeal, that trial to survive; very intense.

I'D GIVE MY LIFE, NOT FOR HONOR, BUT FOR YOOOUUUUUU~Snaaake eater~~

Third one is my favorite and 2 has major issues (but I think I've wrote them too many places on this forum now) but I have not gotten to much in the HD collection besides clearing out VR Missions when I can in MGS2.

Did you finish MGS3 last time Thunderpeel? I feel like also having these games available in widescreen finally really improves the gameplay since you can now see much more on screen at all times and when turning the camera or using FPV. I'm guessing it helps you stay much more aware of your surroundings in MGS3 where you can't really get away much without the right camo and small footsteps.

I probably won't get to Peacewalker until much later, since I haven't played 4 yet. I'm currently trying to get through Portable Ops right now, and I'm honestly hating it more than any Metal Game ever. It just controls like garbage and the gameplay is incredibly uninspired and tedious. Peacewalker is supposed to operate the same as Portable Ops (obtaining troops through open areas with nonlinear missions), just with improvements. I'm not skeptical on whether you can improve the gameplay on Portable Ops from bad to average, but making it a great game is something I'm worried about.

Edited by syntheticgerbil

peacewalker is alright. definitely didn't love it as much as some of my friends. it gets really repetitive fast and doesn't have much of a payoff.

I wish they'd port the Ac!d games to console.

Apparently the new controls add a lot to Peacewalker. It's supposed to be excellent, if different. It's set before 4, as I understand it.

I did finish 3 the first time around, but it didn't make much of an impression. I'm loving it this time though. No kills so far!