Sign in to follow this  
bd_monkey

Laptop cooling

So my dell xps 15 is getting noticeabley hotter lately. Has any one had any expieance and or recommendations for a good laptop cooler.

It's a fifteen inch laptop

I opened it up last night and cleaned every thing up. It still gets quit hot. This laptop over heated befor and I had to get the mother board replaced. So I do get a little worried about the heat.

Maybe the battery gets too hot? Then again, I'm pretty sure a friend of mine had the exact same problem with her Dell XPS overheating.

Is it covered under a warranty? Because if that thing overheats whenever you put a little stress on the CPU... That's bullshit.

Yeah it heats up with just about any thing. And the fan never turns off. But the warranty only covers one mother board replacement. So I'm out of luck if it happends agin.

Tell me about it it took four hours of talking with coustomer service, just so they come replace the mother board. And then in the new one the two USB 3 didnt work. They said they won't replace it unless I get new two hundred dollar warranty. It was the worst expieance I've had in a long time.

I second the voices of cleaning the fan ports, although you may have to resort to actually open it to get all of it. At my previous workplace, dell laptops were regularly opened to remove dust puppies and cleaning them with compressed air. It usually worked wonders.

Or, if you feel like improvising, a friend of mine regularly used to put a bag of frozen peas under his laptop while gaming to keep it from overheating and dying. While it's not really a solution, it's at least a workaround.