Wrestlevania

Castlevania HD, anyone?

Any other Xboxen Thumbs fancy hacking, slashing and holy watering their way through this? Loved this on DS, and it can only be even better with another Thumb or two! :yep:

Have you ever played it before?

It's nothing like the handheld Castlevanias, it's a stage-based loot-grind, there's no narrative or anything. It's a lot of fun, but you really do need a big party for it, and a willingness to play the same levels just over and over and over. (Also, at this point, i imagine anybody you would find still playing it in random matches to just have top-end game-breaking builds.)

It was still really cool, it had many different characters from different Castlevania games, all representing wildly different styles of gameplay. (Soma Cruz from the Sorrow games, Alucard from Symphony, etc.)

It really is a ton of fun, though personally i had my fill of that game when it came out, and the DLC they released is too much of an investment for me.

Castlevania HD is more like the pre-SOTN games than anything else, except multiplayer, the game is ridiculously hard if you play alone and the bosses get harder the more players that join the fight!

And like Sno said, you have to grind for loot, unfortunately that's all you can grind for, and the enemies drop specific items, so you can never be more powerful than the game intends you to, all you can do is wear the armor that will make you die a little less faster, like in Demon Souls?

If you liked the pre-SOTN Castlevania games, I think you'll like this, if not, then no.

If you liked the pre-SOTN Castlevania games, I think you'll like this, if not, then no.

I played the demo, I really enjoyed it.

Dawn of Sorrow is the only game I can think of where I've actually relished the grinding--relished actually hunting out specific instances of a creature and slaying it over and over again until I got the ingredient or weapon I was after.

Playing Castlevania this way, it became balletic. I took pride in sliding and jumping with pixel precision, with inventing combos and faster attacks with different pairs of weapons.

I also played and loved Portrait of Ruin too, even though it lacked some of the softer aspects of DoS's settings and characters.

Anyway, I meant more "is that a 'no' to multiplayer," which it pretty much sounds like. Nevermind.

You really want a party of at least four people for Castlevania HD, so if other people are willing to commit to it, i could probably be coaxed into it as well.

I bought this but never really played it, so I'd have some interest in multiplayer, but I don't really do much of that on the consoles any more, what with them now being in a communal room. Stupid bloody consideration for others.

Maybe, though.