Tanukitsune

Loki, more like LOW KEY!

Imagine Titan Quest by an indie company... that's pretty much Loki... Another mythological monster masher that's Diablesque...

This game was my first Steam present, I wanted it to see how it would be and... it would be so much better if they added an extra layer of polish...

You can choose between several heroes each belong to a different "myth" world (Norse, Egypt, Aztec...) and each being a different type, I chose the wizard type (DUH!) and I soon began too see all the games flaws...

There doesn't seem to be any penalty for death, you just start at the entrance of the area you died in and if you're quick enough the enemy won't even have had time to regen it's health! The game seems to imply that after the first section of the game it won't be this forgiving, but... that's not good enough! Even Deathspank is less forgiving than this game!

The skill trees are annoying... each characters has only three gods to worship to each giving you access to one skill tree and you can only worship one at a time so if you want to become a summoner and a caster, you'll have to go to the temple every so often to switch deities, which is rather annoying for one reason...

The game is very non friendly map-wise and "walking-wise", even save-wise!

If you quit the game you start at the beginning village, the game gives you a teleport pendant, but it seems it can only teleport you between villages, but I gave up before finding out if there are more villages...

The game ONLY has a minimap and it ONLY points you to your destination if you're in the same map the destination is, so if you save and are kicked back to first village, you'll have to remember which way you went to continue from there...

The game also have this stone that grant a bonus to a certain attribute or give an XP bonus while they last, but... they always run out before you find the next enemy...

Did I mention you can only save when you quit the game?:frusty:

This game would have fun if it didn't have some many design flaws, also, the wizard isn't that fun to play with... :tdown:

Man, your intro got me interested enough to load up the Steam page before reading the rest of your post. Curses!

Yeah, the premise had promise, that's why I just added it to my wishlist instead of buying instantly... :|

Yeah, it's an interesting enough game, and well enough done to be worth playing, but it's not Torchlight, or Titan Quest. Still, I do want to finish it some day.